You may have seen a credit union in your town but are not sure exactly what a credit union is. Credit unions are member-owned and non-profit making. We are owned by our members and overseen by a volunteer board
Credit unions are like banks, except the members own the credit union. We are non-profit making and serve our members rather than earning a profit. We often offer better savings rates, lower loan rates and reduced fees because of this.
It's as simple as that.
Stirling Credit Union - what we do
- We provide low loan interest rates
- Ensure secure savings
- We have over 1,000 members and 700 junior members
- Your loan will stop if you die before your loan term has ended
- Our loans are open to all members (some need a qualifying period of 3 months' membership).
Why are we different?
- We are not in business to make a profit we are in business to serve our members. People, not Profit.
- we have been providing secure savings and affordable loans for members over the past 20 years.
- We are owned and controlled by members and managed by a member-elected board (the board are all unpaid).
Become a member
- 16 or over, living or working in Stirling, Clackmannanshire, Falkirk or North Lanarkshire
- Under 16 you may join as a junior saver.
- We are based locally in Stirling
- It's easy to join, use the APPLY NOW button below.
Trust us with your finances
Stirling Credit Union is: